好友

积分

非盟六级士官

社区居民勋章 我型我酷勋章

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子南非中国华人联盟

发表于 2012-12-9 15:43:42 |显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 中国人托尼 于 2014-12-29 08:33 编辑

Nov. 23 was not just any day, it was special. At 7:40 pm, I opened my QQ, on which it has been my daily habit of checking messages. I am confidently sure that there are millions of domestic netizens availing themselves of this “info super-high way” for study, for work or for emotional communication. 未命名.jpg
Hardly had I opened it, when the “info manager” on the interface kept flashing. I
carelessly clicked the flashing button, a few Chinese words jumped into my eyes. It said:”Hi Aibing, I am Tony” Tony? My heart missed a beat ,followed instantly with a pleasant surprise and then turned into a great joy. Tony, Tony!
Tony Zhu and I had once worked in a Kampala-based Chinese company. It was not that I forget him, it was that my ex-hotmail had been illegally accessed, hence Hotmail informed me that I am not allowed to use it any longer. Shit! In my mail contact list, there are a large number of my dear and beloved buddies, such as Adina Luding, Pastor Greg, Sandy, Tony, to name but a few, who have been in all likelihood awaiting my returning response in agony. The loss of it have been actually a sharp pain in my heart.
In June 30, 2010, God had me set my maiden foot in African continent. Uganda, like any other African countries, within my sight, is full of mysteries,charms and glamours. It is blessed with plenty rainfall, limitless natural resources, bracing climate, and bountiful flora and fauna. Needly to say, I am completetly besotted with its super-natural wonder and beauty.
In his “My African Journey” published in 1907, Winston Churchill wrote: “…Uganda is from end to end one beautiful garden,where the staple food of the people grows almost without labour, and where almost everything else can be grown better and easier than anywhere else” …The most beautiful plants and trees grow in profusion on all sides. Beyond a blaze of violet, purple, yellow, and crimson blossom, and an expense of level green lawn, the great blue Lake lies in all its beauty.
2.jpg
The air is soft and cool…”
Our rented office was strategically located in Lugogo Show Ground, wherein various kinds of large-scale nationwide commodities fairs will be annually held.The Ground looks more like a botanical gardent than merely an exhibtion ground. The neatly manicured lawn, tall straight palm trees, block-paved
paths, modern buildings will always be there appealling to any visitor.

3.jpg

Everyday we would commute between Kiwafu of Tank Hill and Lugogo Show Ground of Nakawa, 28 km or so, along the broken, bumpy road. Kampala seems always like that ,the ctity roads are always full of countless potholes and traffic congestion.
By the time I got there, Tony had already worked there for over one year, and he was prepared to go back to homeland for annual leave. He is a well-known man amid Chinese community over
his excellent English and rich experiences in dealing with native Africans.
There is a funny story about Tony. It is said that Tony, like an adventurous explorer in the Middle Ages, came to Kampala alone from homeland, loged in a certain K’la inn,without knowing anybody in K’la. In those days, he strolled leisurely in K’la boulevards and ate in Red Latern, a nice Chinese restraunt. Finally he got a job in our company. In a sense, among all of us, Tony was a man veiled a breath of lengendary color. His tall, broad, burly body bespoke to us that he is indeed an explorer in modern time.
That was the initial impression Tony gave me. As time went on, he impressed me far more than that. His English is so good that any ordinary Chinese English-speakers are unable to catch up. Here I intend to stress that his English and all learning is achieved through years of assiduously hard study by himself. What I enjoyed most was to gaze him on the negotition table or talking with high-ranking Uganda officials. His nice tone, calm, assured expression and skilled use of English words, make him of somehting of a scholar as well as a top-rated diplomat.
In our company Tony was in charge of overall works in connection with the Complex pre-phrase arrangements such as land issues, bank financing etc.It was him who introduce me to Uganda upper society,UBC, DFCU, EADB,etc and got to know some important Ugandan government figures such as KK, Flornce Kata, for which I have been grateful of him. He is like an elder brother, always ready to help anyone in need.
In Kampala we lived in a villa-an European-style duplex, with a garden-like big compound. The whole building was sitting towards Victoria Lake, the world 2nd largest fresh-water lake. Tony’s living room was on the first floor, with a small balcony stretching out over towards the direction of the Lake. This small balcony could be used as belvedere. Every day morning he would be up early and on the belvedere, either for taking in the aromatically fresh air from the Lake, or sitting

4.jpg

down in an semi-old, twig-weaved, armed chair playing his beloved old guitar. It was his year-long habit, that at daybreak he would get up and play nice tunes on it. More frequently I would be awoke and listen to his oft-played tune “SAILING”, a famed tune filling sadness and happiness.
I am sailing
I am sailing stormy waters Like a bird across the sky
I am flying passing high clouds ….
5.jpg
In a Septmeber day, 2010, he boarded the liner bound for China. Although he was away, yet his guitar tune was still lingering in my ears for many a days. Somehow I felt a sense of loss…
Now Tony and I meet merrily again on the Net. he told me that this year he visited Ethiopia, Madagascar, and revisited Uganda. Now he is planing his new Safari to Africa for the up-coming 2013… Wow, he always seems to be so active, and
enjoys life that much!
December 8, 2012
Port Sudan
当爱情被物资玷污了后,爱情已经不纯洁了
非洲市场营销利器--非洲黄页隆重上线!入驻仅需188元,详情进入…

主题

好友

2万

积分

非盟少将军长

Manager

我型我酷勋章 社区居民勋章 宣传大使勋章 帅哥专用勋章

TA的圈子山东人在非洲

TA的圈子大话非洲

TA的圈子法语翻译联盟

发表于 2012-12-11 11:23:56 |显示全部楼层
本文章由我的前同事王爱兵所撰,通篇流露出他的英语的扎实,底蕴浑厚,非一日之功。爱兵在非洲打拼也有数年了,积累了丰厚的经验,加上优秀的英语,他在非洲工作已经游刃有余。爱兵为人爽直,真诚,充分体现了一个北方汉子的优秀的品质。在这里祝爱兵一切顺利,万事如意。
大家好。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

非盟二级士官

社区居民勋章

TA的圈子加纳华人联盟

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子想去非洲

发表于 2012-12-13 12:32:07 |显示全部楼层
我标记一下,有空再看下半部分,有意思。TONY 就是楼上吧。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

非盟六级士官

社区居民勋章 我型我酷勋章

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子南非中国华人联盟

发表于 2012-12-23 10:50:50 |显示全部楼层
The writing is my uncle living abroad

当爱情被物资玷污了后,爱情已经不纯洁了
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

非盟六级士官

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子河南人在非洲

TA的圈子中非贸易专站

发表于 2012-12-30 06:57:14 |显示全部楼层
This  artica! is great! I like it very much.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

非盟六级士官

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子河南人在非洲

TA的圈子中非贸易专站

发表于 2012-12-30 06:59:09 |显示全部楼层
Hard working and persistant attitude and right method  leads to success. Best wishes to all of you!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

非盟六级士官

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子河南人在非洲

TA的圈子中非贸易专站

发表于 2012-12-30 07:02:46 |显示全部楼层
The color of the skin of the woman who sit behind Tony in the picture  is too dark .  
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

非盟二级士官

社区居民勋章

TA的圈子加纳华人联盟

TA的圈子英语角

TA的圈子想去非洲

发表于 2013-1-1 12:19:44 |显示全部楼层
回复